Senior Back End Developer
London/Hybrid (2 office days)
Contribute to the development of the FSB platform. FSB has a wide range of clients operating in the competitive online betting marketplace. As a Back End Developer,
you will be responsible for creating, maintaining, testing, and debugging the back end of our applications and/or systems.
• Develop high-volume, low-latency programs for mission-critical systems, delivering high-availability and performance.
• Be involved in the design process of programs, working closely with architects.
• Assist with release management, capacity planning and emergency response as an expert of the runtime environment and business logic behaviour.
• Give input and contribute to monitoring & alerting requirements and implementation.
• Prepare and perform releases of software components.
• Help develop & maintain your team CI/CD needs.
• Support continuous improvement by investigating alternative technologies and presenting these for architectural review.
• Serve as mentor/coach to more junior team members. Positively impact the team skills by imparting your wealth of knowledge to the team and learn along the way.
• Translate non-technical and technical requirements to appropriate audiences.
• 5+ years of Java development experience, strong interest in problem solving, strong analytical skills & independence.
• Good understanding of JVM, including analysing performance problems and finding.
• Good understanding of design & architecture in OO software technologies.
• Understanding of building and deploying of large scale system.
• Experience in developing highly scalable REST microservices for Java platform.
• Spring framework experience Core, Spring Data, Spring Boo.
• Experience with NoSQL technologies ( Redis or other in-memory data stores).
• Strong understanding of core Java, optimization opportunities (ability to read GC logs, GC tuning, memory usage...).
• Distributed computing: Load balancing, Caching, CAP theorem.
• Experience with managing high load performance applications: monitoring on all layers from CPU to application metrics.
• Understanding of common design patterns.
• Hands on Linux experience.
• Experience with monitoring & logging technologies.
• Experience with infrastructure technologies. (GPC, AWS, k8s, Terraform, Docker...)
• BS/MS degree (or equivalent) in Computer Science, Engineering or a related subject
• Experience working with pub/sub/messaging systems (Kafka, ActiveMQ...)
• Push technologies (Websockets)